Skip to main content

PRELIM - Evaluation of Final Product


1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? 
 My media product is a fashion magazine and to create my fashion magazine I looked at real magazines and analysed what each magazine had and it helped me create my magazine. My layout is similar to a real fashion magazine and it looks realistic too. My media product does have the conventions of a real media product as it has mostly everything a fashion magazine would have. My magazine contains a fair amount of cover lines and has a nice clear masthead. My masthead is eye catching as it pops out to my reader. I have used a small graphic to make it look even more realistic with a little help from some fashion magazines that I found online which helped me think what sort of graphic I would like to have on my magazine and how it would fit with my house style.

2. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
I have used a various amount of media technologies for my media product. At the very beginning I was very new to using blogger, I didn’t know how to edit or post on my blog. After exploring I finally learnt and started posting on my blog making it look as neat as possible. I had to make a survey as a part of my research so I could be able to know what a reader would like on my magazine. I used a website named Typeform which allowed me to make a few questions and will give me many ways to present my type of questions. When I was creating my magazine I used Photoshop to help me edit and make my product. I have used Photoshop before but it was a while ago so Photoshop did feel new to me when I was using. Now that I have finished my media product I am more confident than the start when using Photoshop.

3. What will you look to improve on for your NEA?
Next time I will be more careful when it comes to research. I had a small problem with my survey so I had to use a different website to create my survey because my first survey would not show all of the answers. I will also be careful when I take my pictures because when I took my test shots they looked professional and had a good quality. However, when I took my shots for my media product most of them came out unfocused. So next time I will be aware of how I take my pictures and I will be careful when I try to focus. I was able to finish on time but I personally feel like I should have stayed after school and lunch times more so I could be on the safe side with my magazine.

4. What have you learned about yourself from this process? 
From this process I have learned that I need to be more organised when I am posting on my blog and creating my product. I should be aware of time and not leave it to the last minute. I really enjoyed the practical side of media as I was able to get more creative and use new media products I have never used before. I also learned how to use a camera properly to get my professional pictures for my magazine. This shows that the practical side of media has made me more creative because I get to use different media products and try out different methods of using them and experimenting with media technologies.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRELIM - Statement of Intent

PRELIM -Statement of Intent I intend to produce the front cover and contents page of a fashion magazine. My magazine is targeted at 14-18 year olds that will be interested in fashion. The language that will be used will be a very unique type that will be different to real magazines. The camera shots used on the front cover will be either a close up or a medium shot that will mainly focus on the type of fashion this magazine is based on. This will also make the model look as if she is trying to communicate with the reader from her angle of gaze. The outfit that the model will be wearing on the cover will be from what the audience preferred to see when they answered a few questions on my survey. This will give me a little confidence that my target audience will definitely read my magazine as it’s what my audience wants to see. My magazine front cover will have a very simple font that will mainly have upper case letters. The name of magazine is La Moda which means fashion in English

PRELIM - Magazine Fonts Mood Board

I have created a mood board which includes mastheads from different magazines. These magazine mastheads have different fonts and colours which makes them special as it is what represents the magazine company. The masthead also makes the magazine noticeable because of the fonts or the colours used to make it eye catching. These mastheads have their colours and fonts because of what sort of magazine they are and who their target audience is. The so share some similarities between each other but it is not always clear to see what they are. For example, if you compare GLAMOUR and GQ you can see by the use of different colours they have a different target audience. The GLAMOUR masthead has the colour pink and this colour is a very stereotypical colour for girls. However GQ has a mixture of two colours and they do not use the same colours most of the time. The colours they use for their magazine depends on who their target audience is for that magazine. This shows that their similar